[erlang-questions] Cryptographic hardware

Drew Varner drew.varner@REDACTED
Tue Feb 25 23:35:22 CET 2014

Martin,

It sounds like you are trying to use a hardware security module with Erlang. I’ve looked at this also. I believe there are two common paths, and they both involve interfacing with external libraries. The first is to connect to the device via PKCS#11, which seems to be the most common. Some HSM vendors support access via OpenSSL’s engine interface.

Let me know if you develop something along these lines that is open source.

Cheers,
Drew