[erlang-questions] Library application and it's dependencies

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Mon Feb 24 17:06:46 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Andreas Stenius <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I've been integrating merl into ErlyDTL, I've come across a practical
> issue [1].
>
> How do I best package/refer to dependencies from a library application, to
> make it transparent for users?
>
> I seem unable to find a way to do this cleanly which doesn't require the
> users to adapt their code path.
>
> I would like to hear what your opinions are on the matter (hoping I'm
> missing something obvious).

Don't know if this exactly applies to erlydtl, but these are how
projects in rebar handle parse_transforms in dependencies:
1. merl has to be in rebar.config of erlydtl's
2. In deps 'erlydtl' is specified _before_ any application which wants
to use it.
2. {erl_first_files, ["src/my_transform_by_merl.erl"]} in rebar.config
of erlydtl.

--
Motiejus Jakštys