[erlang-questions] hows the erlang web framework or library world evolving?

Jesse Gumm gumm@REDACTED
Sun Feb 23 14:22:37 CET 2014

Yeah, I definitely didn't get it either.

I asked a similar question on the Nitrogen mailing list a while back (
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/nitrogenweb/rUxmq88TaK0) and got
a handful of interesting responses.  One guy uses it for powering home
automation stuff, another for a financial exchange front end, others for
games, another for registration for a university (that one, iirc, was sent
privately to me rather than to the group).

Personally, I use Nitrogen and Erlang to power my league and tournament
management system, BracketPal (http://bracketpal.com).

Some of these uses may not be right in erlang' high concurrency wheelhouse,
but I find Nitrogen to be a highly productive environment for building
interactive Web applications without having to write Javascript, which I
find to be a massive plus.

And getting this productivity boost knowing I have the OTP and Erlang's
concurrency baked in to the environment is a huge plus.

--
Jesse Gumm
Owner, Sigma Star Systems