[erlang-questions] random thought: connecting to node, specify IP address

David Welton davidnwelton@REDACTED
Tue Feb 18 14:28:14 CET 2014

> Or build your own private DNS zone infrastructure.  If you need to do a
> dynamic register to the DNS, you've got to have one anyway.  Unless you're
> trying to enforce DNSSEC there, this won't be a big hassle.  Not depending on
> the DNS is a viable solution, nevertheless.

The fewer dependencies the better.  Ideally I'd be able to do
something like you can do in C:

addr.s_addr = inet_addr("134.138.177.89");
  if (erl_connect_xinit("idril", "cnode", "cnode@REDACTED",
&addr, "secretcookie", 0) == -1)

That seems to work out ok even if the addr does not match the node
name's DNS lookup.

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/