[erlang-questions] What problem are we trying to solve here? [was Erland users group [was re: languages in use? [was: Time for OTP to be Renamed?]]]

Kenji Rikitake kenji@REDACTED
Tue Feb 18 12:36:41 CET 2014

A practical issue: uploading to GitHub is *painfully slow* (< 200kbytes/sec)
(I once had to upload 40GB and that was a four-day work from Japan. :-/)

Another issue I've seen: git-tagging itself won't automatically resolve the
conflict issues.  Quite often you need to tag on an individual commit for
"stashing" the later commits as a workaround.

Git is OK. I even use it at home with gitosis. Maybe in some cases Mercurial,
or even svn, would be more appropriate.

I think depending on GitHub is not good, though.

Just my JPY 2 worth,
Kenji Rikitake

++> Anthony Ramine <n.oxyde@REDACTED> [2014-02-18 10:49:34 +0100]: