[erlang-questions] What problem are we trying to solve here? [was Erland users group [was re: languages in use? [was: Time for OTP to be Renamed?]]]

Steve Strong steve@REDACTED
Tue Feb 18 08:18:40 CET 2014

Agree on avoiding the  'make install' step - we have numerous active
projects, each of which has their own dependencies - quite often of
different versions of the same library.

Having dependencies as a sub directory of each project has worked very
well; if globally installed, I suspect we'd be having version issues all
the time.

As an aside, I suspect my company would be happy to donate some EC2 server
time if such a thing were needed.

Cheers,

Steve