[erlang-questions] random thought: connecting to node, specify IP address

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Mon Feb 17 18:04:22 CET 2014

The best way to handle this is to force the nodes to come up with a
predictable name, not dependent on reverse DNS, such as foo@REDACTED For
discovery, these nodes can register themselves to some central directory
(dynamic DNS, database, etc.) or send periodic broadcast messages (mDNS or
some bespoke broadcast scheme).