[erlang-questions] Preloaded modules "lists" dependency

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Mon Feb 17 15:25:08 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> On 02/17/2014 11:58 AM, Lukas Larsson wrote:
>
>> So if you want to change the lists (or ets for that matter) module you
>> would have to create a solution for either in compile time removing those
>> bifs or possibly figuring it out in runtime.
>>

> Why not have this information as an attribute of the module itself?

Don't know, probably was easier/quicker to do in the original
implementation when there was no though of running Erlang without stdlib.

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> One question though. What happens if I define a function that is
> implemented as a BIF (that is, for example, create an Erlang version of
> lists:keymember/3 in the lists source code), is it replaced with the BIF on
> load?

I would imagine it would behave as a nif, i.e. be replaced.