[erlang-questions] disconnected nodes

Ahmed Omar spawn.think@REDACTED
Mon Feb 17 11:23:51 CET 2014

Hi Ignas,
That issue was really long time ago, so I'm afraid I don't recall all
details. What I remember is the issue disappeared suddenly, same way as it
appeared.
We had similar symptoms later of nodes dropping out of the cluster but I
don't remember seeing the ebadf errors. (can't be sure)

The reason for the later incidents, was usually high traffic between the
nodes. That traffic could cause distribution buffer to reach limits and
suspend processes trying to communicate with other processes on other
nodes. (
http://erlang.org/doc/man/erlang.html#system_info_dist_buf_busy_limit)

One quick work around for that would be to increase the limit using +zdbbl
flag on startup. A more permanent solution would be to look into the
traffic between the nodes and optimise there.

Hope that helps somehow.

Best Regards,
- Ahmed Omar
http://about.me/spawn.think/