[erlang-questions] Fwd: Re: Generic server and selective receives

ludovic@REDACTED ludovic@REDACTED
Mon Feb 17 10:38:23 CET 2014

Hi,

Thank you for yours answers. With timer:no_diff/ is quite easy to handle
"selective timeout" in a gen server so okay it could be a decent
solution. The only problem is to have code to handle it in every
callback that reset the timeout, this is okay. But I would not use a
gen_fsm, because if you look at my first implementation, when there's no
client the messages that are NOT {set_client, ...} are not discarded,
they are stacked in the process mailbox for later use and this is
expected.

Le 2014-02-17 10:11, Anthony Ramine a écrit :
> You don’t have to reimplement ‘gen’ to implement a sys process, no.

As i may need to implement several processes with this kind of "client
presence enforcement", implementing a sys process could be worth trying.
(Plus i'll learn a lot). Have you got any link to a good tutorial/guide
?

Thanks

-- lud