[erlang-questions] languages in use? [was: Time for OTP to be Renamed?]

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Mon Feb 17 02:56:47 CET 2014

On 15/02/2014, at 4:39 AM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Fortran for number crunching - 1970s and 1980s (today, SQL and Excel spreadsheets; probably go with SPSS or MATLAB for fancy stuff)

Have you *seen* modern Fortran?

Modules, user defined data types with parameters,
array expressions, coarrays, and don't forget
things like the OpenCL binding and the PGI CUDA Fortran
compiler that lets you take advantage of GPUs.

This is not your grandfather's Fortran.

Joe Armstrong pointed me to Julia, which looks nice.