[erlang-questions] Time for OTP to be Renamed?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 19:12:52 CET 2014

kraythe . wrote:
> I have told you my "green" impressions of OTP and you can dismiss them
> if it make you more comfortable but it wont change the fact that
> others will have those feelings and many will not get on the list and
> go further. They will simply move to Ruby, Scala, Node.js, Clojure, or
> something else. If our attitude is "I didn't want you in the community
> anyway!" then Erlang will be the next Smalltalk or Lisp. Of academic
> and little more than that in significance.

Bah, humbug.  As long as there's a need for industrial strength massive
concurrency, and no serious alternative, it doesn't really matter what
it's called.

Anybody who tries to write a massively concurrent application in Ruby,
Scala, Node.js, Cojure (or Java for that matter), gets what they deserve.

Just one man's opinion, of course.

Miles Fidelman