[erlang-questions] Time for OTP to be Renamed?

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 15:59:04 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Anthony Ramine <n.oxyde@REDACTED> wrote:
> Java without OOP is a different language.
> Erlang without OTP is still Erlang.

IMHO the only difference is that OTP is implemented as a library and
doesn't have dedicated language syntax. I make difference between OTP
as design/system building guidelines and its implementation. The
former is more like OOP for Java. The latter is more like the JDK.

/Vlad