[erlang-questions] Alternatives to Elixir

Tue Feb 11 11:35:14 CET 2014

It defines a relation. We have that X gives reflux if:

  1) X reminds you of Y
  2) Y gives you reflux.

You can then ask the prolog system to search for all X satisfying the
reflux condition and it will give you back several possible answers. One
will be ruby, since it reminds you of vb and vb gives reflux. But that
means elixir also gives reflux since it reminds you of ruby and ruby gives
reflux.

I would like to see more prolog-like features in Erlang btw :)

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:29 PM, Ludovic Demblans <ludovic@REDACTED>wrote:

> Wow this prolog thing is hard to grasp on a first sight ...
>
> does 'reminds_of(X,Y) binds Y 'ruby' if we pass 'elixir' as X in
> 'reflux(X)' ?
>
> Le Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:34:50 +0100, Anthony Ramine <n.oxyde@REDACTED> a
> écrit:
>

>  If you like Prolog, there is also Robert Virding’s Erlog:
>>
>>         https://github.com/rvirding/erlog
>>
>> reflux(vb).
>>
>> reminds_of(ruby, vb).
>> reminds_of(elixir, ruby).
>>
>> reflux(X) :-
>>     reminds_of(X, Y),
>>     reflux(Y).
>>

> --
> Utilisant le logiciel de courrier révolutionnaire d'Opera :
> http://www.opera.com/mail/

J.