[erlang-questions] Controversial subject of the day: tabs and spaces for indentation

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Feb 11 10:50:20 CET 2014

Alignment is *impossible* with fonts with variable width characters. And
a few editors have such a font by default. That's a good point. If you
do alignment, then your code will look bad for some people.

On 02/11/2014 10:41 AM, Bengt Kleberg wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I thought more of aligning difficulties given variable width characters
> and fixed width characters in different programs/tools. No tabs
> included.
>

> bengt
>
>   On Tue, 2014-02-11 at 10:20 +0100, Anthony Ramine wrote:
>> No need to mix anything, it is hard to preserve in presence of any
>> tab.
>>
>> --
>> Anthony Ramine
>>
>> Le 11 févr. 2014 à 07:16, Bengt Kleberg <bengt.kleberg@REDACTED> a
>> écrit :
>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Is it not difficult to preserve alignment when using both variable
>> width
>>> characters and fixed width characters tools?
>>>

>>> bengt

Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu