[erlang-questions] Trying to learn the Erlang Way

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Mon Feb 10 05:35:44 CET 2014

On 8/02/2014, at 3:47 AM, kraythe . wrote:

> Man I feel silly. but then I am fighting a chest cold. I guess this happens easier when you don't have completion or highlighting that I am used to in an IDE.

Did you try typing
	Erlang IDE
into the search box in a web browser?
Top of the list,
	http://www.erlang.org/faq/tools.html
has a section (7.7) on IDEs.  The three I see mentioned a lot are
- distel (Emacs)
- ErlIDE (Eclipse)
- IntelliJ IDEA
syntax colouring is certainly available for Vim and BBEdit as well.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that there's an Erlang plugin
for NetBeans, called ErlyBird (http://sourceforge.net/projects/erlybird/)
which specifically offers
	syntax checking, syntax highlighting, auto-completion,
	pretty formatter, occurrences mark, brace matching,
	indentation, code folding, function navigator, go to
	declaration, project management, shell console