[erlang-questions] Controversial subject of the day: tabs and spaces for indentation

Jarimatti Valkonen jarimatti.valkonen@REDACTED
Fri Feb 7 08:39:56 CET 2014

Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> kirjoitti 7.2.2014 kello 7.10:

> I suppose I can mention Interlisp-D again?
> An idea that had the Xerox PARC people jumping up and down
> and hugging themselves in the 80s was
>
> 	A program is not a listing
>
> 	it's a data base.

[snip]

> Of course this is *wonderful*, but only as long as the only
> tools you want to use are the ones built into the IDE or
> readily scriptable in it.  Interlisp was/Smalltalk is good
> at navel-gazing, but each Smalltalk is, *sigh*, different...

I've been having this idea in my head about something similar to a Smalltalk system browser, but for Erlang. Useful? I doubt it, but at least it would be an interesting experiment. A source editor is doable, but making it work on a live system is left as an exercise to the reader. :)

Is anyone aware of anything similar?

And yes, I don't see this solving the tab/space indentation discussion.