[erlang-questions] printed maps look confusing

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Thu Feb 6 23:12:43 CET 2014

On 6/02/2014, at 3:37 AM, Raphael Korsoski wrote:

> Guillemets are available to most X/Gnome users even on (int'l) American keyboards, but I guess Windows and unusual desktops in *nix environments put an end to that.

On my Mac, it's a single keystroke to switch to the French keyboard
and a single keystroke back.  In the text editor I use,
Meta-: << and Meta-: >> give me guillemets.

> I'm thinking about APL, though, and feel that perhaps ASCII is still good enough. There are some unicode symbols I wouldn't mind using in code, but the example with APL kind of scares me....

Take a look at J.  I think you'll find that "APL-in-ASCII" is
scarier than plain APL.