[erlang-questions] Controversial subject of the day: tabs and spaces for indentation

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Thu Feb 6 08:36:15 CET 2014

Greetings,

These are opinions, not facts.

Go is a cool language in many places. This is one place.

The use of one tab for one level of indention is logical. The indention
level is 1, so why have another amount of characters? The only reason I
have heard for X =/= 1 is that 1 space is too narrow. So, use 1 tab. All
editors that I use can make 1 tab take up whatever width I like for
indentation.

bengt