[erlang-questions] beta release of merl - metaprogramming in Erlang

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Tue Feb 4 15:36:09 CET 2014

On 2014-02-04 15:17 , Anthony Ramine wrote:
> Shameless plug, but kinda related, you might appreciate this Richard.
>
> 	https://github.com/nox/otp/commit/b734fc412ad9ea8d1b5d810127c058936955461e
>
> Implemented this a few years ago, it’s not finished but I may work again on it if people like it or want to see it finished.
>
> Merl looks fun but I really really hate epp-like macros and code in strings, I guess it does work in the end though.

Looks nice. I had long considered doing something Meta-ML-like for
Erlang, but wanted to start with something simple that didn't need a
modified parser (not even macros or transforms at the simplest level),
and then work my way up. The advantage is that it works today, without
forking OTP or pushing an EEP to add metasyntax to R18. :-)

Note for anyone trying Merl: it doesn't work with R16B03 due to the
broken syntax tools in that release. Use R16B03-1 instead.

    /Richard