[erlang-questions] Simple Logging

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Mon Feb 3 23:06:28 CET 2014

Hello,

You are looking for +W flag, e.g. erl +W i should make a trick for you.

+W w | i
Sets the mapping of warning messages for error_logger. Messages sent to the error logger using one of the warning routines can be mapped either to errors (default), warnings (+W w), or info reports (+W i). The current mapping can be retrieved using error_logger:warning_map/0. See error_logger(3) for further information.

However, I would still advice to use lagger. It is compatible with error_logger framework and nicely cooperates with legacy code. Long time ago, I’ve passed through your dilemma, as the result. I’ve end-up with lagger.

BTW, I am also confused with goldrush dependencies in lager. I guess it is used to manage flow control to std io.

- Dmitry