[erlang-questions] [ANN] swab 1.0
Sun Aug 31 16:10:54 CEST 2014
swab 1.0 has been released.
swab is a general purpose buffer handling module that make life easier.
Available in erlang.mk package index, too.
swab can :
* cast data and sort lines.
* decode, encode and convert data, including EBCDIC.
* catch data that becomes the new current buffer.
* match data and return the current buffer or otherwise continue
next directives, if any.
* store a buffer queue and maybe use it later to compose another
buffer for instance, by merging or concatenating.
* do diverse specialized (or custom) actions.
swab offer a very easy way to chain directives as you would do by
chaining commands with pipes in a shell.
Each step can modify the input buffer that becomes a new current buffer,
and so on.
swab uses many existing Erlang internal functions but manages for you
the multiplicity of possible return values and exceptions of those ones.
swab give the possibility to debug all or part of the directive chain,
to do hexdump à la 'od' and also ASN1 pretty printing à la 'openssl
I hope you will enjoy this module !
More information about the erlang-questions