[erlang-questions] Structure of a *scalable* application?

Chris Pacejo colanderman@REDACTED
Fri Aug 22 16:24:53 CEST 2014

I can't find much info on this on the web or in the docs... how does
one structure a *scalable* Erlang application?  By this, I mean a
system consisting of multiple nodes, each of which runs the same code,
so that we can take advantage of more CPU/memory/disk resources.

Structures I can think of:

1. Single instance of application, one worker launched on each node (using rpc).
2. Multiple instances of application, one per node, each with one worker.
3. Multiple nodes, not connected, communicating only via TCP (ick!).
4. Something else??

Thanks.