[erlang-questions] divrem eep?

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Thu Aug 21 13:40:49 CEST 2014

On 21 aug 2014, at 12:18, Anthony Ramine <n.oxyde@REDACTED> wrote:

> Why would you make an instruction for the tuple-returning variant? That would be just calling your divrem BIF.

Slightly faster execution in some cases, like small, small arguments for example.
And also as a preparation for new instructions that could fallback to the more general one?

Just guessing. I have not implemented the instructions yet. And maybe never will....?

/Tony

> --
> Anthony Ramine
>
> Le 21 août 2014 à 12:11, Tony Rogvall <tony@REDACTED> a écrit :
>
>> This instruction needs a couple of
>> variants I guess: One that return a tuple and one that store remainder in
>> a X register as instructed by compiler.

"Installing applications can lead to corruption over time. Applications gradually write over each other's libraries, partial upgrades occur, user and system errors happen, and minute changes may be unnoticeable and difficult to fix"