[erlang-questions] hanging nodes

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed Aug 20 10:26:13 CEST 2014

Hi!

I have some nodes that don't want to terminate and that I can't connect to.
Most of the times the nodes unregister from epmd, but even when they don't
they still are inaccessible.

I was hoping that by connecting to the node I can see why it is hanging,
but I get the feeling that the hanging is not inside user code (because
epmd detects the socket being closed, so the shutdown process is started).

This is on Windows, but I have some reports for something that looks
similar from Linux too.
I'm not used to debugging this kind of situations, so I hope that someone
has some advice for me.

best regards,
Vlad