[erlang-questions] BOB 2015 - Call for Contributions (Berlin, Germany, January 23, 2015)

Michael Sperber sperber@REDACTED
Fri Aug 15 13:10:19 CEST 2014

The BOB conference will have a strong focus on functional programming,
so Erlang submissions very welcome.

Please consider submitting!

                         BOB Conference 2015
                               Berlin
                             23.1.2015
                       http://bobkonf.de/2015/
                       CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
               English: http://bobkonf.de/2015/cfp.html
                German: http://bobkonf.de/2015/cfp.html
                    Deadline: September 30, 2014

You drive advanced software engineering methods, implement ambitious
architectures and are open to cutting-edge innovation? Attend this
conference, meet people that share your goals, and get to know the
best software tools and technologies available today. We strive to
offer you a day full of new experiences and impressions that you can
use to immediately improve your daily life as a software developer.

If you share our vision and want to contribute, submit a proposal for
a talk or tutorial!

We are looking for talks about best-of-breed software technology,
e.g.:

- functional programming
- reactive programming
- micro-service architectures
- persistent data structures and databases
- …  everything really that isn’t mainstream, but you think should
  be.

Presenters should provide the audience with information that is
practically useful for software developers.  This could take the form of
e.g.:

- experience reports
- introductory talks on technical background
- demos and how-tos

We accept proposals for presentations of 45 minutes (40 minutes talk
+ 5 minutes questions), as well as 90 minute tutorials for beginners.
The language of presentation should be either English or German.
It should include (in your presentation language of choice):

- an abstract of max. 1500 characters.
- a short bio/cv
- contact information (including at least email)
- a list of 3-5 concrete ideas of how your work can be applied in a developer's daily life
- additional material (websites, blogs, slides, videos of past
  presentations, …)

You can submit your proposal using the following form:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHJ0TjR1cEhUWmdBZFVITGVRVWN5VEE6MA

- direct questions to bobkonf at active minus group dot de
- proposal deadline: September 30, 2014
- notification: October 15, 2014
- program: October 2014, 2014

NOTE: The conference fee will be waived for presenters, but travel
expenses will not be covered.

Program Committee
- Matthias Fischmann, zerobuzz UG
- Matthias Neubauer, SICK AG