[erlang-questions] Implement standard API (was process hierarchy and passing references)

Frans Schneider schneider@REDACTED
Fri Aug 15 11:49:53 CEST 2014

Hi list,

Now that I got the supervision working, I am looking for a way to
implement a standard API for every "main" server. The API implements a
way for the main gen_server to call the RPC middleman and should also
define standard callbacks for the main server the middleman can use. The
API would also use some internal state. In a previous life, I would have
used inheritance to accomplish this, but how can I do this in Erlang?
I had a look at the supervisor implementation, but was wondering if
there is a easier way to accomplish this.

Thanks

Frans