[erlang-questions] State of Erlang on PPC

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Mon Aug 4 10:14:04 CEST 2014

Hello Tim,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Tim McGilchrist <timmcgil@REDACTED>
wrote:

> What's the current state of the Erlang VM on PPC? Specifically I'm
> interested in running it on one of the Freescale embedded boards with one
> of these CPUs. (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerQUICC)

PowerPC is a well supported architecture, we run nightly tests and make
sure that all features work well on it. I have not come across the specific
CPU that you mention above, but I've worked with other Freescale PPC CPUs.

> So who's running Erlang on PPC

I know of at least 6-7 released products that run Erlang/OTP on Powerpc,
I'm sure there are plenty more.

Lukas