[erlang-questions] Generating Core Erlang -- Re: Dangers of generating a large erlang module

Erik Søe Sørensen eriksoe@REDACTED
Mon Sep 30 07:31:56 CEST 2013

Yes, indeed; considering that the goal is reduction of memory use, however,
what we want is to avoid intermediate representations which explode in size
on binaries. I don't know anything about the from_core parser, but the
string-as-list representation of a binary literal is in itself a factor
32/64 blowup. :-/
(Btw: I was wrong about introductions to Core Erlang; threre is one.
Writing on the phone has its fact-checking disadvantages...)