[erlang-questions] any usb lib for Erlang

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Sat Sep 28 12:53:09 CEST 2013

Hi!

Sadly enough the libusb do not (did not at the time) support plug an play, this must be handled by some
other type of application. I did solve it for serial usb devices by using fnotify (github.com/Feuerlabs/fnotify)
code found in (github.com/tonyrog/uart/src/uart_devices.erl)

Please hint to the list (or to me) if you find some nice plug and play api that is multi platform.
(I have use for it in an other project github.com/tonyrog/hid )

Thanks

/Tony

On 28 sep 2013, at 09:48, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a USB library for Erlang that would allow me to detect the insertion of usb devices like any wifi/bt dongles or hard disks. Is there ay more recent lib than this one ?
>
> https://github.com/tonyrog/libusb
>

> - benoit

"Installing applications can lead to corruption over time. Applications gradually write over each other's libraries, partial upgrades occur, user and system errors happen, and minute changes may be unnoticeable and difficult to fix"