[erlang-questions] Cross-compiling tests with quoted ENV vars

Matt Lewandowsky matt@REDACTED
Sat Sep 21 11:17:59 CEST 2013

Thanks for the reply, Lukas.

I have fixed the problem with quoted CFLAGS in my local tree (and a few other things which trying to build the tests exposed). Unfortunately, I'm now stuck in ts_erl_config.erl.

It appears to use OsType extensively, which wouldn't be much of a problem so far except for the fact that my target system doesn't use -lpthread for POSIX threads. I can't just add a new case there because since because I'm cross-compiling from Linux for not-Linux, it will always match the {unix,_} case. I'm not finding any way to actually determine the cross-compilation OS type there. I expect this is more of not quite understanding just how the pieces of the cross compile support are supposed to mesh with the tests than anything else.

I'll continue poking at it over the weekend, but if you (or anyone else) have any pointers which would speed this up, I'd be greatly appreciative. It feels like I must be almost done with this step of the process since it's trying to link.

For what it's worth, I've already used Erlang on the target platform (including verifying that os:type() is what I expected it to be), so the tests really are just a method for me to validate that the result is correct.

--Matt

--
Matt Lewandowsky
Big Geek