[erlang-questions] Software Estimation and Progress Tracking

Varuna varuna@REDACTED
Fri Sep 20 12:56:15 CEST 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 6:44 AM,  <kevin@REDACTED> wrote:
 > I recently wrote a blog post on software estimation and progress tracking for
 > functional languages. Unfortunately, the post was not terribly substantive and
 > Bringing it back to estimation, I fear that we will just adapt and expect more
 > features to delivered in shorter time, so our estimation of progress and
 > effort will still be off, even if we get things done faster. For some reason,
 > there is a bias toward "fast delivery" with no regard toward "quality of
 > product". This is a depressing work environment, though: every deliverable
 > will be too late, always. And this leads to a psychological phobia of
 > estimation  :)

Not sure if SWEBOK Guide at (http://www.swebok.org) would be of any help,
nevertheless, there is good information under the sections Software Engineering
Economics, Software Engineering Management, and Software Engineering Models and
Methods.

With regards,
Varuna