[erlang-questions] Weird problem with "receive after ..."

ANTHONY MOLINARO anthonym@REDACTED
Tue Oct 22 18:54:10 CEST 2013

This make's it sound more and more like a VM issue.  You essentially have a busy loop there which keeps your host from noticing the container is idle, and putting it to sleep.  You could probably achieve the same thing by having a second shell and doing something like

#> while true ; do date ; sleep 1 ; done

which should prevent the host from think the container is idle.  Although since it's a sleep 1, that might be enough  time to see the pauses happening.  You could also try your busy loop with a larger number like 1000, or 5000 and see if the pauses come back.

-Anthony