[erlang-questions] On Pull Requests Comments

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Mon Oct 21 17:13:21 CEST 2013

It sounds to me that what would be pretty nice to have is the ability to
set comments to be uneditable in github, preserve their history, or at
the very least show that they were amended. It is a fixable problem.

I agree on the openness of the protocol, but I'm wondering if the OTP
team is seeing more contributions now that pull requests are accepted
from the github web site.

The one true objective of pull requests or mailing lists is to let the
community contribute. If the community contributes more through pull
requests than the mailing list, then we have to consider which of the
objectives between the total amount of contributions or the principles
behind the technology used are what is to be prioritized there.

You can't beat mailing lists' openness, but you may beat their user
base. This is to be confirmed, however.

Regards,
Fred.