[erlang-questions] Creating an ssl over TCP ping server

Ryan Brown ryankbrown@REDACTED
Fri Oct 4 22:26:13 CEST 2013

Ok, this seems like it should be a very simple thing to do but I appear to
be having trouble finding documentation on how to do it without
incorporating external resources. I just want a simple module where I can
generate load via https without using a webserver library like ibrowse to
recieve the messages.

Essentially, I just need something like this:

start(port) ->
    start_webserver_listening_on_port(port),
    receive_loop().

receive_loop() ->
    whatever.

client(Msg_To_Send) ->
    send_msg_to_server_started_above(Msg_To_Send).

These can/maybe should be, different modules. That's fine. I just want to
do this in pure erlang and cannot seem to get it worked-out from what I can
find online. (Feeling dumb)

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

--