[erlang-questions] managing subprocesses

Timo Schrappe schrappe.t@REDACTED
Thu May 30 21:52:18 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am wondering that there isn't a great way for managing and parsing subprocesses (through os:cmd/1) and their output.
I spent some time with google and found erlexec which basically will do my job here. But it feels a bit cheesy to use an external module (or is it called application in erlang?) to use such a fundamental functionality.

I want to manage some shell scripts which will start some e.g. daemons.

What is the erly way to do that kind of things? Im specially interested in the exit code from the bash scripts.

- Timo