[erlang-questions] Safer, functional version of erl_tidy

Andrew Pennebaker andrew.pennebaker@REDACTED
Thu May 30 16:24:04 CEST 2013

I like what erl_tidy recommends about changing my code, but I don't like
how it enacts the changes automatically. Could the next version default to
outputting warnings, a la hlint, splint, jshint, etc., leaving the decision
of what to tidy up to the programmer? We could keep automatic tidying as a
flag in erl_tidy:dir/2.

Also, it would be convenient to have a shell command, maybe elint or such,
so that you don't have to erl -noshell -s erl_tidy dir <dir> -s init stop.

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
www.yellosoft.us