[erlang-questions] R14B04 and OpenSSL 1.0.1c

Bogdan Andu bog495@REDACTED
Fri May 24 10:48:22 CEST 2013

in erts/configure.in there is a section:

openbsd*)
                DED_LD="$CC"

DED_LD_FLAG_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_PATH="$CFLAG_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_PATH"
                DED_LDFLAGS="-shared"
        ;;

Spoke with guys on the misc@REDACTED maillist and they told me to run
autoreconf, to regenerate configure from configure.in .

And indeed that did the trick and now is working fine.

There is no need to specify :
DED_LDFLAGS="-shared /usr/lib/crtbeginS.o /usr/lib/crtendS.o"
because this generates conflict on symbol '__guard_local'

Based on discussions in this topic and in misc@REDACTED maillist here is
a small recipe for those who need to compile erlang R14B04 from sources on
OpenBSD 5.3 amd64:

1. cd otp_src_R14B04
2. apply the patches founded in directory /usr/ports/lang/erlang/patches/
3. $ autoreconf
4. compile and install as usual

Thank you for your help,

Bogdan