[erlang-questions] lager dropping invisible messages

Ivan Uemlianin ivan@REDACTED
Fri May 17 10:39:58 CEST 2013

Dear Andrew

Thanks, I am familiar with those two web pages.

The mystery is not "what is it supposed to do?".  The mystery is "where
are the 50 messages it thinks it's written within the last second?".
Often, as far as I can tell it hasn't written any.

Ivan

On 16/05/2013 22:46, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 03:29:45PM +0100, Ivan Uemlianin wrote:
>> Dear All
>>
>> I'm using lager for logging and I've recently switched to lager 2.*.
>>
>> I occasionally get this warning message:
>>
>>    [warning] lager_error_logger_h dropped N messages in the last
>> second that exceeded the limit of 50 messages/sec
>>
>> where N ranges between 35-78.
>>
>> However, nowhere in my logs can I find a bunch of 50 messages
>> written within a second, or anything that might be linked to this
>> warning.
>>
>> I haven't been able to find an erlang lager mailing list.
>>
>> Does anyone know if this lager warning might be warning me about
>> anything important, if so what, if not how do I switch it off?
>
> https://github.com/basho/lager#overload-protection
> https://github.com/basho/lager/pull/116
>
> Lager does not (yet) have a mailing list, but I ususally notive lager
>
> Andrew

Ivan A. Uemlianin PhD
Llaisdy

                     ivan@REDACTED