[erlang-questions] error, case_clause 19 when connecting to SSL website

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Tue May 7 11:54:07 CEST 2013

In R15B02 we introduced the following workaround (from release notes
ssl-5.1)

"Workaround for handling certificates that wrongly encode X509countryname
in utf-8 when the actual value is a valid ASCCI value of length 2. Such
certificates are accepted by many browsers such as Chrome and Firefox so
for interoperability reasons we will too.

Own Id: OTP-10222"
So that is your explanation!

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB