[erlang-questions] Mnesia: strategy for auto-recovery from netsplit

Daniel Dormont dan@REDACTED
Fri May 3 17:32:16 CEST 2013

Hi Erlangers,

I'm running ejabberd with a two-node cluster in my production environment.
Today that system encountered a netsplit. It was properly recorded and
logged. But I need to work on some way to automate a solution for this. I'm
aware that the problem can't be solved in general, but there are two
mitigating factors in my case:

1 - Almost all of my tables are RAM-only.
2 - None of the data are truly critical for me. That is, loss of some
portion of the data isn't critical because my application can recover.

So in this case, I just picked a node, restarted ejabberd on it, and all is
well. But what I'd like to do is write some actual Erlang code that can
subscribe to the Mnesia   partitioned network event and do something about
it. What are my options there?

thanks,
Dan