[erlang-questions] Erlang and/or MPI

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Wed Jun 26 16:36:51 CEST 2013

Hi Ivan,

You should need an Infiniband driver for Erlang to avoid normal sockets use, unless you use MPI from within Erlang through a NIF or port driver.  The main problem is that an Erlang cluster is limited to roughly 100-200 nodes because of the fully connected network topology it makes (due to the net tick time of 60 seconds).  You can always make a different topology to avoid the problem, but with your cluster size, you may not need to.  Otherwise normal Erlang use shouldn't be a problem.

Best Regards,
Michael