[erlang-questions] 回复: Is export always better than complie(export_all)?

饕餮 249505968@REDACTED
Thu Jun 20 08:54:37 CEST 2013

Yep, I can find this word in any book.
I just want to know the reason.
I use expert_all because most of the time no one will use it.
And I don't like just follow some word in book.
I think all rule have its realm.

Thank you.
I get the reason why my teammate just force me to do that.

And now I'm going to change my code.....

From:  "Richard A. O'Keefe"<ok@REDACTED>;
Date:  Thu, Jun 20, 2013 02:36 PM
To:  "goofansu"<goofan.su@REDACTED>;
Cc:  "饕餮"<249505968@REDACTED>; "erlang-questions"<erlang-questions@REDACTED>;
Subject:  Re: [erlang-questions] 回复:  Is export always better than complie(export_all)?

I should point out that the advice "use -export, not export_all, and use it as
little as you can" is _exactly_ the same as the advice "declare every function
and top level variable 'static' if you possibly can" given to C and C++
programmers, and for the same reason, and the same as the advice given to Java
programmers "prefer private to protected, protected to (package), and package
to public; don't make a method or a field public unless you _have_ to in order
to get the job done".  There is nothing specific to Erlang here.

The whole _point_ of modules is to hide as much as you can.
See just about any good software engineering book.