[erlang-questions] Compilation options for the VM: optimizations

Alessandro Sivieri alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED
Tue Jun 18 16:25:00 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have done a couple of little experiments by adding compilation options
(these CFLAGS [1]) on a Raspberry Pi when compiling the Erlang VM, but for
what I can see the code seems to spend *more* time when executed: I tried a
couple of really silly algorithms (such as prime numbers calculation) and
the optimized version spends a few seconds more on computation than the one
without any CFLAGS specified.

Ideas why?

[1] CFLAGS='-O2 -march=armv6zk -mtune=arm1176jzf-s -mfpu=vfp
-ftree-vectorize -ffast-math -mfloat-abi=hard'

--
Sivieri Alessandro
alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED