[erlang-questions] erlang-bcrypt status

Jeremy Ong jeremy@REDACTED
Tue Jun 18 05:33:52 CEST 2013

Hi all,

The highest profile implementation of the bcrypt algorithm is currently the
smarkets fork of erlang-bcrypt at https://github.com/smarkets/erlang-bcrypt.

However, activity on this fork has not existed for a year now and I think
we should reach a consensus on where this library should be officially
maintained so everybody's patches can coalesce cohesively.

The issues I see now are build problems on various nixes, a very outdated
bundled rebar, and a potentially thread safety issue mentioned here:
https://github.com/smarkets/erlang-bcrypt/pull/9/files.

I am willing to do this and the fork would be actively maintained at the
company I work at (Quark Games). However, I want to open up this
opportunity in case somebody has already done significant work on the
library and wants to curate it that I am unaware of.

Cheers,
Jeremy