[erlang-questions] Bundle rebar with Erlang/OTP packages

Jonathan Leivent jleivent@REDACTED
Tue Jun 11 18:07:01 CEST 2013

On 06/11/2013 10:34 AM, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> 2013/6/11 Andrew Pennebaker <andrew.pennebaker@REDACTED>:
> Actually you don't need to build and install rebar. It's already
> available in all major Linux distributions' repositories - Debian,
> Ubuntu, RHEL, Fedora.
>
> --
> With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

I'm using Linux Mint Debian Edition, and using Synaptic to search for
"rebar" only finds the Erlang plugin for Vim (because it mentions rebar
in its features comment).  I also tried command-line apt search rebar -
and got nothing.

I then tried the same search on an Ubuntu 12.10 machine using Ubuntu's
software sources gui, and still got nothing.

Hmmm... searching in packages.debian.org finds hits only in jessie and
sid - not squeeze or wheezy.  A search of packages.ubuntu.com only shows
it under Raring (13.04).

-- Jonathan