[erlang-questions] Erlang Intro Presentation

Paul Barry paul.james.barry@REDACTED
Fri Jan 25 20:39:46 CET 2013

Hi.

Here's a set of slides from my October 2011 PyCon Ireland talk (which I
also gave as an O'Reilly Webcast in June of that year):
paulbarry.itcarlow.ie/ErlangWebcast.pdf

And if you don't feel like talking, here's a video of me actually giving
the talk: http://vimeo.com/groups/pyconireland/videos/32045208 - it's about
30 minutess long.

I also have the slides (in OpenOffice format) if you want to take them and
amend to your purposes.  Email me off-list and I'll send them onto you.

Regards.

Paul.

On 25 January 2013 15:05, Loris Fichera <loris.fichera@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hey David,
>

> On 01/25/2013 03:42 PM, David Mercer wrote:
>
>> This comes up a couple of times a year, so thought I would send out
>> another to see if anyone has any recommendations for
>> intro-to-Erlang–type presentations that can be presented to a technical
>> team of non-Erlangers during lunch sort of thing.  I can come up with my
>> own—and I have searched Google and come up with a bunch—but since this
>> does come up periodically on this list, I figure others have done all
>> the Google research more thoroughly recently, and I wanted to tap your
>> brains for the state of the art Erlang presentation.
>>

> Did you have a look at Roberto Aloi's "Why you should build your next
> application in Erlang" talk?
>
> https://speakerdeck.com/**robertoaloi/why-you-should-**
> build-your-next-application-**in-erlang<https://speakerdeck.com/robertoaloi/why-you-should-build-your-next-application-in-erlang>
>
> Cheers,
>
> --Loris.

Paul Barry, w: http://paulbarry.itcarlow.ie - e: paul.barry@REDACTED
Lecturer, Computer Networking: Institute of Technology, Carlow, Ireland.