[erlang-questions] open_port and raw mode (zlogin)

Heinz Nikolaus Gies heinz@REDACTED
Fri Jan 25 19:13:14 CET 2013

Hi everyone,
I am trying to get Erlang to talk to (solarises) zlogin. I figured, open_port would be the logical step to do that BUT it dies horribly the command I run is:

open_port({spawn, "/usr/sbin/zlogin -C 8e3b630b-d18a-4047-bad3-600b17d9ef46"}, [use_stdio]).

also experimented with other port options but they don't' really make a difference safe for nouse_stdio which replaces the Erlang console with the zlogin one (which doesn't help much ;)

the error I get from zlogin is:

(chunter@REDACTED)8> open_port({spawn, "/usr/sbin/zlogin -C 8e3b630b-d18a-4047-bad3-600b17d9ef46"}, [use_stdio]).
zlogin: failed to get user terminal settings: Invalid argument
zlogin: failed to set stdin pty to raw mode: Invalid argument

I've tracked down that a bit further into the zlogin code and it seems to be related to a call to tcgetattr(fd, &term) in the code which fails with the open_socket created connection.

I'm a bit at a loss here what to do next sadly, any advice?

Regards,
Heinz