[erlang-questions] erlc speed (or lack thereof), Make and emake

Florian Schintke schintke@REDACTED
Fri Jan 25 14:10:31 CET 2013

Hi,

we use the Erlang module 'make' and an Emakefile to specify what and
how to compile if necessary.
See http://erldocs.com/R14B04/tools/make.html

Our Unix makefile entry looks as follows:

---
compile:
        @$(ERL) -pa ebin -noinput +B -eval 'case make:all() of up_to_date -> halt(0); error -> halt(1) end.'
---

It starts Erlang once and compiles all touched/depending modules,
which is really fast. Parallel make is missing, but not necessary at
that speed.

See scalaris.googlecode.com for a sample Emakefile.

Florian

[Matthias Lang]