[erlang-questions] If you are homesick for object.selector

Fri Jan 25 10:39:28 CET 2013

On Jan 24, 2013, at 3:56 PM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> Are you suggesting that #character *duplicates* fields from both #weapon and #ability? Then you'd just end up with #character having hundreds of fields, which is as unmanageable and even less readable, especially if some share a common name, like #character.attack_pts and #weapon.attack_pts.

No, I am just looking at how the data will be represented in the heap in memory. Each record is a tuple and you access it by following a reference to another tuple until you have been digging deep down into the structure.

Note that few other functional languages support chained projections.

Jesper Louis Andersen
  Erlang Solutions Ltd., Copenhagen